It is a long known secret that drinking water first thing in the morning is therapeutic for your well-being. In Indian Ayurveda drinking water is considered to be a therapy and a treatment that has been proven time and again to cure illnesses, diseases and helps in balancing the doshas. Even the Japanese medical society have discovered that water therapy can be used to treat various conditions completely.
Here are seven scientific reasons you need to pick that glass of water every morning –
- Drinking water first thing in the morning balances the lymphatic system of your body. Lymph glands found in your lymph system fight infections and help strengthen the immune system of your body helping you to perform effectively.
- Drinking water in the morning purifies your blood and purges out all the toxins, which results in glowing and better-looking skin.
- Drinking water in the morning enhances your metabolism by almost 25%, which ultimately leads to weight loss.
- Drinking water in the morning helps in rehydration, which would help you get rid of headaches and back pain and many other illnesses caused by lack of water in the body.
- Drinking water early in the morning helps in digestion of food and prevents constipation. The most important reason is that it cleanses the colon, which makes the body more active in absorbing nutrients from the food we eat.
- Drinking water before you kick-start your day helps you think better with great clarity, as your brain is made up of fluid (Human Brain cells contain 85% water). You are much more energetic, vibrant and less likely to have mood fluctuations and fatigue symptoms if you take on drinking water in the morning.
- Drinking water in the morning also boosts your energy levels as it increases the rate at which new muscle and blood cells are produced.
Your body is 72% water, and you don’t have enough water in you when you wake up. Even if you think you are not thirsty, you need it. Imagine not drinking water the whole day today? That’s what happens when you go to sleep. Your body needs re-hydration, a little bit of help from your side to help in digestion and proper functioning of the whole system. Start incorporating this habit from today and see the magical goodness it brings with it.
Ways To Begin –
- Start with 3-4 glasses of water and gradually increase the consumption.
- To multiply the Ayurvedic Richness – drink water stored overnight in a copper vessel.
- Reward yourself with your favorite breakfast to keep it consistent.
- Go slow but keep going!
Ready for a new habit?