I love sunshine, the beauty of subtle rays and the warmth of the air. It makes you feel so close to the mother earth and allows you to relish in its beauty and magnificence. A sunny day is a perfect invitation for you to loosen up and dive into floral dresses and go out to play. Some people really despise the sun and hate it for its sharp look but really there are ways you can make it a perfect date with yourself and your friends without having to hide yourself in a closed room. You can jump into water parks, ride a bike, go out to swim or plan a picnic or outing.
Do you remember when we were in school and we used to go these luscious gardens and historical open spaces with our school friends and teachers. How exciting that time was? We never complained back then about heat, sweat or anything else. We totally and undoubtedly loved every second of those days, we used to pack everything we needed from eatables to playing props and put it all in a colorful bag that we hoped would stand out for a fun-filled quality time with our peers.
Bring that innocence back and add that fun into your life with a grown up get-together under the sun. If your friends aren’t game for it, don’t lose hope and take yourself on a self-reflective personal date of sorts. I just did that..
Whenever I go out in the sun, I like to carry a couple of books, magazines and something to drink. These days I am swooned by Tropicana Slice Alphonso that comes in such a simple bottle and tastes like heaven. Made from hand-picked Alphonso mangoes from Ratnagiri which is I guess the home to the world famous range of Alphonsos. It has such a fine texture that settles on your tongue and leaves you refreshed and revived instantly. It has a very rich taste and not a thickening fluid that will glue to your mouth. You can even use this drink to create some mocktails and host a lunch in a balcony with your friends and relatives. I would personally recommend Tropicana Slice instead of any fizzy drink for the goodness intake. And because it’s the season of mangoes, here are some unusual benefits and facts about this lovely fruit.
- Mango fruit is rich in pre-biotic dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals, and poly-phenolic flavonoid antioxidant compounds
- Source of vitamin-B6 (pyridoxine), vitamin-E and vitamin-C which helps the body develop resistance against infectious agents and scavenge harmful oxygen-free radicals.
- Mangoes can be used both internally and externally for the skin. Mangos clear clogged pores and eliminate pimples.
- The tartaric acid, malic acid, and a trace of citric acid found in the fruit help to maintain the alkali reserve of the body.
- Alphonso is named after Afonso de Albuquerque, a nobleman and military expert who helped establish the Portuguese colony in India.
- Of the thousands of cultivars of mango in India, there are several different varieties of Alphonso. The best and most expensive are grown on the small Natwarlal plantation in Ratnagiri, and are hand-harvested.
- It was in the 5th century BC that the Buddhist monks first took the mangoes to Malaysia and eastern Asia. According to a legend, Buddha is believed to have found tranquility in a mango groove.
- Close to half of the world’s mangoes are produced in India, making the country the top most producer of this fruit.
- Some of the mango trees can bear fruits even after 300 years.
- Apart from India, mango is also the national fruit of Pakistan and the Philippines. Mango tree is the national tree of Bangladesh and a symbol of love.
Enjoy the slice of creativity and experiment with smoothies, juices, mocktails with the Tropicana Slice Alphonso that is even available online here and light up your sunshine with indulging self reflective dates and mango memories from childhood.