Recently, I visited The Organic Farmer’s Market in Select CITYWALK, Saket and was overwhelmed to see how people were intrigued by the concept and were showing up for something that is natural, healthy and sustainable. Although the process of Organic Farming is an ancient and traditional one but it has picked up on the trend list off lately. People are happily exposing themselves to more and more of holistically designed ideas and are accepting the use of Organic vegetables and fruits. If you don’t know what exactly is the whole craze about organic farming then let me break it for you below –
Definition – Organic Farming is basically a form of agriculture that relies on the techniques of crop rotation, green manure, compost etc. In order to protect the environment, minimize soil degradation and erosion, decrease pollution, optimize biological productivity and promote a sound state of health; production is done in a very sustainable atmosphere without any use of pesticides, chemicals or fertilizers. There are more do’s in this format than things to avoid.
Here are some of the advantages of eating organic produce –
- Eating organic fruits and vegetables could increase your antioxidant intake by 20-40% which reduces the risk of cancer, stroke and heart diseases.
- Organic produce has no pesticides, fertilizers or hazardous chemical residue.
- Organic food is GMO’s Free (genetically modified organisms free)
- Organic tomatoes are 50% higher in vitamin C content than conventional tomatoes.
- It has better taste because it is produced fresh and is sold locally.
- As there is no use of chemicals, the concept ensures safe and secure environment for the future generations.
- There is increased nutritional value and natural flavor.
- Organic foods have a better effect on animal reproduction than it had on non-organic foods.
- Organic soils contain more micro organisms than conventional soils. These micro organisms store carbon in the soil which helps to maintain the global climate. Organic farming helps to conserve the soil and water.
Awesome right? So if you are stoked by the points above then check out “Handpicked” – an organic farmers market that is happening every Sunday at Select CITYWALK, Saket from 11 am to 4 pm on the first floor balcony!
There are various brands that you can look out for such as I Say Organic, Wholefoods, Mashobra Organics, Allnut India, The Tea Collective and much more and expect some fun activities. From organic vegetables to essential oils for your healthy and nourished skin + hair and infused herbal teas with gluten free cupcakes; you can discover everything you would need for a healthier and great lifestyle.
Picture Story here –
Do leave a comment if you would like to know more about the concept of organic farming!