Earth Hour is a worldwide grassroots movement uniting people to protect the planet, and is organised by WWF. Engaging a massive mainstream community on a broad range of environmental issues, Earth Hour was famously started as a lights-off event in Sydney, Australia in 2007.
The event is held worldwide towards the end of March annually, encouraging individuals, communities households and businesses to turn off their non-essential lights for one hour as a symbol for their commitment to the planet.
And TODAY is the date!!! MARCH 28, 2015 From 8:30-9:30 pm!
The whole idea behind this movement is to voluntarily blackout in order to attain a sustainable world and create a better planet collectively!
Now, if you are planning to engage in this movement with 126 other countries here are few things to do during earth hour without lights in the comfort of your home.
- Have a candlelit dinner with friends.
- Host an Earth Hour Party with all the board games and fun
- Try Moon Dance?
- Sleep under the blanket of sky and watch the stars
- Prove to yourself – you can go offline for an hour without updating your fb status or tweeting around
- Indulge in self pampering, try a home made face pack
- Salt water bathing?
- Play a real hide & seek game with kids in the house
- Go for a romantic walk
- Write in your journal, may be plan a few things for your future
- Shine light in your inner darkness and change your self talk and work on yourself!
- Practice yoga or an hour of silence
- Read a book you have not picked from months
- Jam for an hour and hone your singing skills
- Find out campaigns, communities getting together to support this cause around your city and join them
Green Fair is happening in Central Park, CP, New Delhi and I happened to check them out for a couple of hours, there are organic stalls, handcraft materials to shop from, some enthralling music performances and eventually there will be a grand switch off with Actor Arjun Kapoor in the evening! Go Join!! 🙂